- ’Initial term’ means the full 12 month calendar period from the date you accept your membership. You will need to pay an amount for your membership, which covers the day that you join until the first of the following month, this partial month will not form part of your initial term.
- ‘We’ means Hale Country Club Limited with company number 06970110 and registered office at Meridian House, Gadbrook Park, Rudheath, Cheshire, CW9 7RA.
- Your membership will begin on the first day of the initial term and will continue for 12 full calendar months.
- You can end your membership any time after your initial term has ended by giving at least one month’s notice in writing. Cancellation request form to be completed at the club. The notice period will begin from the first of the month after we have received your notice. After the final payment has been made, it is the responsibility of the member to cancel the direct debit with their bank. If you hand your notice into the club you must get a receipt. It is your responsibility to make sure that we have received your notice. If you send your letter using the Royal Mail, we recommend that you use recorded delivery. You are not entitled to enter the club if your membership has ended.
- We can end your membership any time by giving you:
- notice immediately; or
- at least one month’s notice,
in writing (including by way of email). For the avoidance of doubt, we are entitled to exercise our discretion to end your membership having regard to our own commercial interests. Where we terminate in accordance with (i) above, we will refund on a pro-rata basis any fees paid for which you will not enjoy membership. Where we terminate in accordance with (ii) above, the notice period will begin from the first of the month after we have notified you of the cancellation. In either case, after the final payment has been made, it is the responsibility of the member to cancel the direct debit with their bank. You are not entitled to enter the club if your membership has ended.
- Memberships are not refundable or transferable.
Starting your membership
- You will need to pay an administration fee when you join.
- You may have to pay a joining fee when you apply for membership.
- You will need to provide proof of your age or your relationship to anyone else who is applying as a linked member, to show that you qualify for any membership option you are joining. From time to time, we may ask you for updated proof that you still qualify for the membership option.
- You will need to pay an amount for your membership, which covers the day that you join until the first of the following month. If you join after the 14th of the month, you will need to pay for the rest of the current month, plus the whole of the next month.
- Your membership runs for the initial term, and then continues on a rolling basis until you end it in line with these membership terms.
- You must pay your membership fees annually in advance (in other words, every year for the year that follows).
- You (and all other members) must pay the relevant yearly membership and administration fee as soon as you are accepted for membership. You can pay the yearly membership fee as either one single payment or in monthly instalments.
- Monthly payments will be due on the first of each calendar month for that month. We will ask for your monthly payment around the first working day of each month.
- When you and anyone linked to your membership join, you will need to have your photograph taken. This is to allow us to check your identity when you enter the club.
- We will give you and those linked to your membership a membership card that you or they must use each time you or they enter a club. We may refuse to allow membership holders to enter a club if they do not have their membership card.
- If you or anyone linked to your membership loses a membership card, we will charge you a fee to replace it.
- Your membership is personal to you and you cannot transfer it to another person. You must not lend your membership card to another person.
Changing your membership
- If you change membership options, your membership payments will change to the current rates advertised for new members at the club. Changes to your monthly payments will apply from the first of the month after the change, as long as we receive notice by the 20th of the month.
- We are entitled to vary these membership terms at any time on at least 30 days written notice. In the event that you do not agree to the varied terms, you shall be entitled to end your membership by giving at least one month’s notice in writing. Cancellation request form to be completed at the club. The notice period will begin from the first of the month after we have received your notice. After the final payment has been made, it is the responsibility of the member to cancel the direct debit with their bank. If you hand your notice into the club you must get a receipt. It is your responsibility to make sure that we have received your notice. If you send your letter using the Royal Mail, we recommend that you use recorded delivery. You are not entitled to enter the club if your membership has ended.
- There may be an extra charge for a small number of facilities and services. You can get information of the current charges from the club reception. Charges may vary from time to time.
- Members will be liable to pay third party collection charges.
- The management reserves the right to increase prices annually.
- Member accounts are not refundable and transferable. To qualify for a member account discount a member account must be set up on your membership card by topping up of a minimum amount each occasion that you wish to top up your card. Please speak to a member of reception or bar on the minimum amount required.
- You can introduce guests (two guests at any one time) to your club. You must sign in any guests at reception, they must sign the Health Commitment Statement and you must stay with them at all times. You are responsible for making sure your guests are aware of, and keep to, our rules.
- Guests who want to use facilities other than the restaurant must pay the appropriate fee.
Suspending your membership
- Only under exceptional circumstances and always at our sole discretion, you are entitled to apply to suspend your membership for a fee of £5 per month. When you apply to suspend your membership, we will ask you to give one month’s notice in writing. There is a £5 charge for every month that must be paid in advance at the club for every month your membership is suspended. The notice period will begin from the first of the month after we have received your notice and the suspension will apply for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months. Pregnant ladies are exempt from the minimum and maximum terms. If you are linked to another member, the suspension will apply to the names stated on the letter received.
- You can suspend your membership for a single period of between three and six months within any 5 year period.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that we have received your notice. We will confirm in writing that we have suspended your membership. We recommend that you use recorded delivery or produce your receipt to prove you have sent us the notice.
If your monthly payments fail
- If the bank returns a failed payment on your account, we will contact you in writing about this failure. You will be advised of the failure on entry to the club and will be refused entry on further visits until the payment is made. If we continue to be unable to collect payments, we will, at our choice, continue to apply for payment by direct debit. This does not mean we will end your membership.
- Cancelling your direct debit does not mean you have given us notice to end your membership. You must give us written notice in accordance with these membership terms.
Cancelling your membership
- In addition to any other express right to cancel, we may cancel your membership in the following circumstances.
- If you break or repeatedly break this membership agreement or the club rules and you do not or cannot put it right within seven days of us writing to you about it.
- If another person uses your membership card to get into the club.
- If you or your guest use rude or abusive language or threaten or use violent behaviour at Hale Country Club & Spa.
- If you or your guest act in a way which prevents other members from enjoying Hale Country Club & Spa.
- We may at our discretion and with immediate effect cancel the membership of any member whose continued membership is in our opinion not in the interests of the club.
- If we end your membership for any of these reasons, we have the right to keep a proportion of the money paid under this agreement, to cover any reasonable costs we have had to pay. We will also not grant future applications for membership to Hale Country Club.
- If two or more people sign the agreement, they will both be jointly and individually responsible under this agreement.
- Everyone who signs this agreement will be responsible for paying the appropriate membership subscription for all members who are linked to your membership. You are also responsible for paying any extra charges and fees which a linked member has to pay for using facilities and services not covered by your membership option. You will continue to be responsible for these payments until your link with the other member or members ceases.
- It is the member’s responsibility to use any outstanding monies on their membership account within the 30 day cancellation notice period. After this period has lapsed any outstanding monies on their membership account will become void.
- Children under the age of 16 years are not within an initial 12 month contract. Memberships will begin on the first of the month following the month in which we receive the first direct debit payment. You can end your membership at any time with a full calendar month notice. If you hand your notice in at the club in writing or via email you must obtain a receipt from the club.
- If your child’s membership is due an upgrade we will give you one months’ notice. If your child is 15 years and due an upgrade to an adult membership this will be completed by the club unless instructed otherwise.
- All children must be supervised at all times whilst they are in the club. Children times are 9am – 6pm Monday – Sunday
Health Commitment Statement
- On entry to Hale Country Club & Spa as a member, guest, non-member you agree to follow all club rules and the FIA Health Commitment Statement.
Your Personal Data